THE SECURITY AND DEFENCE COMMITTEEAn organ providing aid to the Ministry of Defence and the Cabinet Committee on Foreign and Security Policy in matters related to total defence. The tasks of the committee are:
- to observe the changes in the position of Finland's security and defence policy and to assess their effects on the arrangements of total national defence;
- to observe the activity in the different sectors of administration for the maintenance and development of the arrangements in total national defence; and
- to coordinate the preparation of matters belonging to the field of total national defence in the different sectors of administration.
The committee may issue statements and take initiatives in matters concerning total national defence and in issues related to their coordination.
The committee has a secretariat at the Ministry of Defence.
- Ministry of Defence, Permanent Secretary Arto Räty (chairman)
- Prime Minister's Office, State Secretary Olli-Pekka Heinonen (vice-chairman)
- Secretary General to the President of the Republic Teemu Tanner
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Permanent Secretary of State Pertti Torstila
- Ministry of the Interior, Permanent Secretary Ritva Viljanen
- Ministry of Finance, Permanent Secretary of State Raimo Sailas
- Ministry of Transport and Communications, Permanent Secretary Harri Pursiainen
- Ministry of Employment and the Economy, Permanent Secretary Erkki Virtanen
- Ministry of Justice, Permanent Secretary Tiina Astola
- Ministry of Education and Culture, Permanent Secretary Harri Skog
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Permanent Secretary Kari Välimäki
- Ministry of Agriculture, Permanent Secretary Jaana Husu-Kallio
- Ministry of Environment, Permanent Secretary Hannele Pokka
- Chief of the Defence Staff Juha Rannikko
- Chief of Operations, Defence Forces Mika Peltonen
- Chief of the Border Guard Jaakko Kaukanen
- State Secretary for EU Affairs Kare Halonen
- Chairman, Council for Security of Supply and Infrastructure Jaakko Rauramo